Thursday, January 31, 2008

Duck news!!!

We have baby ducks!! At least 6 or 7 so far. I wasn't able to get a good picture of them though. The mailman arrived about the time Sharon discovered them and Momma Duck got very protective. We expect that she'll be headed back to the river when they al finish hatching, so we may have seen the last of her. But we'll always celebrate january 31st as "Baby Duck Day"!

~b

1 comment:

bradley said...

No change on the duck situation. I'm afraid the eggs that aren't hatching will remain unhatched. But the little ones are so cute!!! I still haven't been able to take a great picture of them, but I did see 4 of them pop out for a second on my way out the door to work this morning. Momma Duck started fussing, and they all got back under her.

I'm hoping they'll be around tonight. Sharon will be back from Sarasota, and she'll have another chance to see them. And I keep trying to get pictures.